Throughout this era of digital revolution, the National Library has been energetically developing its presence in the virtual realm. There are ever more services, data bases, and digital publications prepared, assembled, and made available by the National Library both online and on the Library’s premises. Moreover, these digital resources offer ever richer materials, including:
- digital reproductions of the National Library’s main collections, made available in the Cyfrowa Biblioteka Narodowa POLONA, the European Library, and the portal Europeana
- electronic magazines available online
- factographic and bibliographic data bases available within the Library
- publications of the National Library, also available in electronic form
- virtual exhibitions presenting the collections of the National Library.
These digital resources are one of the most readily used source materials, and their number is steadily rising.