About the project
Additional funds for revitalization of the Krasiński Palace (Palace of the Commonwealth) and the extension of the completion deadline of the project
Pursuant to the resolution of the Team – Committee for Selection of Projects for the „Conservation and Revitalization of the cultural heritage” programme under the 2009–2014 EEA Financial Mechanism and Norway Grants Programme, of December the 22nd, 2016, the project „Conservation and Revitalization of the Krasiński Palace (Palace of the Commonwealth) in Warsaw – European 17th century cultural heritage” conducted by the National Library – one of the beneficiaries of the programme , got the recommendation for additional subsidy of 1 181 053,30 zlotys.
The subsidy was granted for the following additional actions, that will be realized within the frames of the project:
- The conservation works in the corridor of the basement level of the Krasiński Palace (Palace of Commonwealth) in Warsaw.
- Renovation of the open terraces situated above the arcades on the garden side of the Krasiński Palace (Palace of the Commonwealth).
- Supplying of the LCD monitors together with the equipment.
- Supplying of the software for the outdoor multimedia totem.
- Buying of chairs for the purpose of the conferences and meetings organized at the Krasiński Palace (Palace of the Commonwealth).
In relation to the extension of the material scope of the project by the above mentioned additional works, the deadline for completing the project was extended till the end of April 2017.
The completion deadline of the Project extended until 31 December 2016
On 26 November 2015, the National Library and the Programme Operator, i.e. the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage signed an annex to the financial agreement for the implementation of the Project: “Conservation and revitalization of the Krasiński Palace (Palace of the Commonwealth) in Warsaw – European 17th century cultural heritage”, under which the completion deadline for the Project has been extended until 31 December 2016.
Additional works approved by the Programme Operator – the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage to be financed by savings generated in the course of Project implementation
On 8 May 2015, the National Library signed an Annex to the Financial Agreement no. 5/2014/PL08/MF EOG dated 09 May 2014, under which the savings generated in the course of Project implementation will be used to finance additional works.
The additional works to be implemented include:
- Adaptation of internal space for the needs of the disabled on level -1, which would allow simultaneous access to the exhibition halls, the reading room and restrooms,
- Renovation of the front facade of the Palace, i.e. freshening up of the entire facade overlookingKrasiński Square(eastern side) including conservation of stone and sculptural details,
- Anti-icing installation for the roof drainage system consisting, i.e. placing heat wiring in gutters and downpipes,
- Fitting of a new external door, including adaptation of the entrance for the disabled, which will allow people with impaired mobility to use the Palace’s resources,
- Glazing of the western arcades overlooking the gardens, which will replace the existing grates,
- Renovation of the area around the breast walls with stairs at the access to the Palace before the front portico in order to complement the comprehensive renovation of the facade and the surroundings – theKrasińskiGardens,
- External lighting of the architecture – ILLUMINATION – on the front facade overlooking the garden and two side walls of the Palace.
About the Project
13.7 million zlotys have been awarded under the 2009–2014 EEA Financial Mechanism and Norway Grants Programme to the project Conservation and Revitalization of the Krasiński Palace (Palace of the Commonwealth) in Warsaw – European 17th century cultural heritage.
The Palace will regain its former splendour. It is a great joy for me that Warsaw will finally see revitalization of one of the greatest monuments of the Baroque era – not totally preserved, but nevertheless at least partially saved from the ravages of the war. The Krasiński Palace was in fact a residence of a great scale, great class and great beauty – said Prof. Małgorzata Omilanowska, Minister of Culture and National Heritage at the inaugural conference. – The project prepared by the National Library assumes that the Palace will not only be more beautiful, but it will also be more accessible, open, more included in the cultural and tourist circuit of Warsaw – Minister Omilanowska emphasized.
The project will include replacement of windows, complete restoration of the garden facade of the Palace and side facades, as well renovation of the sculptural decoration and putting back Marcus Valerius statue on the top of the tympanum. The outside stairs and the surface of the forecourt will be repaired, and greenery in the immediate surroundings of the palace will be arranged. A multimedia kiosk and an audiovisual display will be installed in the arcades. New display cabinets for exhibits of substantial museum and historical value will be added. Also a ramp for the disabled will be mounted. Moreover, archaeological surveys around the palace will be carried out. The work is scheduled to be started still in 2014. The project is planned to be completed by 30 April 2016.
Head of the Investment and Maintenance Division for the implementation of the Project
tel.: 22 608 23 71
Coordinator for Technical Matters and Supervision
tel.: 22 608 29 98
Project Promotion Specialist
tel.: 22 608 29 68